- Urner’s - Policies
- Our Best Price Gurantee
- Our No Lemon Promise
- Special Orders
- Return & Cancellation Policy
- White Glove Delivery
- Our Refund Policy
- Urner's Mattress - Policies
- 100 Day Low Price Gurantee
- 100 Night In Home Trial
- FREE Same Day Local Delivery
- Preparing Your Home for Delivery
- Urner’s Businesses & Websites
- Third Party Links & Advertisements
- The Types of Data We May Collect
- Updating / Accessing / Amending / Correcting Personally Identifiable Information
- Information Sharing
- Data Retention
- How to Reach Us Regarding this Policy
OUR BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We absolutely guarantee that you’ll never pay extra at Urner’s while always enjoying better service. In the unlikely event you find a lower price, we will meet the lower price on the exact same item offered by any full-service, local retailer. If, within 30 days of your purchase, you find the same exact merchandise advertised or sold for less (including financing terms, shipping and handling charges) by any local, authorized, full-service retailer or by Urner’s, we will cheerfully refund 100% of the difference upon verification. If the price drops any time before your scheduled delivery, we’ll refund 100% of the difference. You may receive the lower price only by notifying Urner’s. Our Low Price Guarantee does not apply to bonus or free-with-purchase offers, sales tax offers, special financing, installation or delivery, factory rebates, promotions, & offers, gift cards, special orders, competitor's out-of-stock offers, limited quantity offers, floor sample or damaged product, out-of-box merchandise, lease purchases, going-out-of-business sales, or contractor sales. This policy also does not apply to internet or membership club competitors. If you purchase an item that includes a free gift with purchase, and if the price drops on that item, our price-matching policy does not apply to that item. We endeavor to accurately describe every product offered for sale; however, mistakes can sometimes be made in our advertisements. Any typographical, photographic, or specification error in product description, pricing and promotional offers are subject to change, correction or verification (including after an order has been submitted).Back to top
OUR NO LEMON PROMISE
If we service your appliance or electronic product three times during the first year of ownership for legitimate product defects, and it fails a fourth time during the first year, we will verify the failure with an authorized service technician and then replace it with a comparable product. The cost of the replacement will not exceed the original purchase price and may be less due to technological advances.Back to top
Special-order items are any product(s) not regularly stocked at Urner’s and ordered according to the customer’s specifications, preference, or requirements. A minimum 50% deposit is required at the time of purchase and before your merchandise can be ordered. After your special order merchandise is shipped or committed by our wholesale vendor, your merchandise and deposit are non-cancelable. No exceptions please. We request that you accept delivery of your merchandise within 10 days of it becoming available.Back to top
OUR REFUND POLICY
If you paid by check or cash, our corporate office will issue a refund by check. We do not make cash refunds. If you paid by debit or credit card, we will issue a credit to that card. Any refund is subject to the terms & conditions of all other Urner’s policies.
- Due to the time required for banks to process checks, we can issue a refund check no sooner than 14 days from receipt of a customer’s check.
- The original deposit for special-order merchandise is not refundable or transferable.
- In-store merchandise credits do not qualify for refunds. No exceptions allowed.
- Other restrictions may apply, please see store for details.
RETURN AND CANCELLATION POLICY
We are committed to your satisfaction. Returning a product can be stressful on customers, so we’re here to help you get it right the first time. Our talented product specialist are available to help you select the right product for your needs and application. We encourage you to take advantage of our expertise before making your purchase.
If a return is necessary, your product specialist can help facilitate the return. Policies and procedures for obtaining a return authorization vary based on the reason for return. See below for more information.
Most of our products include a one-year parts and labor warranty. See your product literature or speak with one of our product specialists for details. If your product is defective upon arrival, notify your product specialist of the problem within 24 hours of receiving goods. If you notice the defect after 24 hours of receiving goods, please contact the product’s manufacturer directly. Contact information for the manufacturer is included in the product literature. NOTE: Most manufacturers require one service call to diagnose the problem.
All of our shipments are 100% insured. Product(s) damaged during shipping are eligible for exchange at no charge to you, but must be identified at time of delivery. Upon delivery, inspect your product for damage. If the product is damaged, you have the right to refuse the delivery and wait for a replacement.
The Product Does Not Meet Your Needs:
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you will need to contact the store regarding any cancellation or return. Delivered products in use are not returnable. Any returned products must be free of cosmetic damage and be in its original packaging. Products that do not meet these requirements may not be eligible for return or will incur a restocking fee. Any product that has been installed or attempted to be installed cannot be returned. Shipping and handling charges from our warehouse are non-refundable. Customers are responsible for shipping charges incurred when returning a product.
Special order merchandise is subject to a restocking fee — even if not yet delivered — and will not be eligible for return if delivered and out of the box.
The customer agrees to the terms and conditions published above when they place a completed order with our company. In addition, the customer authorizes their credit card company to abide by these terms. We reserve the right to cancel orders at any time.
Refunds will be handled according to our store’s policies.Back to top
WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY
Urner’s has developed a home delivery system that is both efficient and professional. Plus, there’s no waiting all day for your new purchase to arrive when Urner’s is delivering. On the morning of your delivery, we’ll give you a four-hour window in which we’ll be at your home. Then we’ll call you, “wherever you are,” about 50 minutes ahead of time to let you know we’re on our way. Other than what you pick up at our warehouse, your purchase will be delivered to you by either our professionals in Urner’s trucks or by other contracted delivery services.
Our White Glove Delivery includes:
- On-Time Delivery - We offer on-time delivery on your purchase of $599 or more. This service is available Monday – Saturday (not available Sundays or Holidays), when all financing and payments have been completed prior to 2pm. On-Time Delivery is limited to local Bakersfield area residents only within a 15-mile radius of Urner’s Wible Road Delivery Center, and limited to delivery capacity, assembly requirements, fabric protection application, and other possible factors that may impact on-time delivery. Custom installation and delivery of Pro-Style appliances not included.
- Urner’s Express Delivery - We also offer our professional Express Delivery 6 days a week, on any purchase, to all areas that Urner’s serves. Sunday delivery is not available at this time.
- Out-Of-Town Deliveries - All out-of-town deliveries will be scheduled in accordance with Urner’s normal preset routes and rates. If you request a delivery beyond our normal delivery range, we will gladly arrange your delivery through a Common Carrier or outside delivery service, which may be subject to extra charges.
- 50 Minute Call Ahead - Our Professional Delivery Team will call you approximately 50-minutes before we arrive at your home. Some restrictions apply due to mobile phone service limitations.
- Furniture Deluxing - We want furniture to come to your home in the condition we would want it to come to ours. As you may imagine, after shipping and handling from our manufacturers, not all merchandise is customer-ready when taken out of the box or packing. Before any furniture is delivered, our Quality Control Team will fully unpack, inspect, smooth rough finishes, check mechanisms on recliners, remove loose threads on upholstery, and clean it.
- Set-Up - We’ll unpack, set-up and provide basic connection (new hook-up parts may be required for proper installation).
- Installation - Various options are available for installation, depending on the complexity of the item you’ve purchased. Many items that require a simple placement or plug-in are handled by our delivery drivers. But more complicated installations require the planning and perhaps hiring of Urner’s professionals or your own contractor to do the work.
- Instruction - We provide basic operational instructions.
- Removal - We remove all boxes and packing materials.
- Disposal - We include haul-away and disposal of your old Appliance, TV or Mattress (on a one-for-one basis).
- Simplifying the Delivery Process - Make sure that you talk over your delivery, installation, and special instructions with your salesperson to avoid unnecessary delivery problems. Special delivery instructions may include pet warnings, gate combination, stairs, door reversal or removal, etc. To be prepared for the delivery of your new product, we request that you do the following:
- Ensure that someone 18 years of age or older is home.
- Remove any obstacles that might hinder our delivery crew.
- If a delivery requires the removal of a window or a fork lift, you will need to make arrangements and pay for it on your own.
- Deliveries made above the first floor without access to an elevator may be subject to additional charges.
- Special Conditions - Any special delivery terms and conditions requested by customer, or required for proper installation, will be subject to review to determine feasibility and any appropriate additional charges. Urner’s may decline installation or delivery of product and services based on feasibility, dangerous conditions, non-disclosure, and Act-of-God.
- Scheduling Conflicts - If you plan to be away from your house on the delivery date or a scheduling conflict arises, please call Urner’s Delivery Department at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled delivery.
Our Delivery phone number is (661) 396-8400 Ext. 507. Delivery business hours are:
Monday – Friday: 7:30am – 6:30pm; Saturday: 8:00am – 5:30pm; Sunday: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Urner's Mattress Policies
URNER'S MATTRESS 100-DAY LOW PRICE GUARANTEE
No one can give you better comfort or better sleep at a lower price. In fact, if you find the exact same item that you purchased at Urner's Mattress, advertised locally for less within 100 days of purchase, by any local, authorized dealer, or by Urner's Mattress, we will gladly refund all of the difference, plus an additional 5% of that difference, upon verification. Our low-price mattress guarantee applies to any locally-advertised price on the same exact in-stock mattress at any local Bakersfield retailer. This guarantee does not apply to special orders purchases, membership clubs, promotional free gifts-with-purchase offers, special financing, factory rebates, lease purchases, promotions, & offers, or to one-of-a-kind, as-is, discontinued, or limited-quantity merchandise. You must notify Urner's Mattress to receive your refund. Please ask your Sleep Consultant for complete details.Back to top
URNER'S MATTRESS 100-NIGHT TRIAL
The Sleep Consultants at Urner's Mattress are specially trained to help you select the mattress that is just right for you. Our In-Home Trial allows you up to 100 days, beginning on the date you received your mattress, to decide if your mattress is right for you. We require that you spend a minimum of 30 nights on the new mattress since your body had become accustomed to the lumps and sags of your old mattress. After that 30-day period, if you still feel that your new mattress is uncomfortable, Urner’s will gladly allow you a one-time exchange of your mattress subject to the following terms:
- This In-Home Trial is valid on any new mattress purchase of $699 (mattress only) or more provided the mattress is returned in the original purchased condition. Therefore, customer must purchase a qualified mattress protector simultaneously with the qualified mattress. Due to Manufacturer Warranty terms and State and Federal laws designed to protect public health, we cannot return or exchange any mattress that has been stained, damaged, or abused in any way.
- customer’s mattress can be exchanged once within 31–100 days from date of original delivery or pick-up. The exchange must be completed by an Urner’s delivery truck crew to avoid any product damage or soil marks and also to allow for visual inspection prior to an exchange. Any customer notification after the 100 day period will not be eligible for a mattress exchange.
- Customer will receive a full credit for the purchase price of the original mattress toward the purchase of any re-selected mattress and receive a refund for the difference. Normal re-delivery charges will apply to the mattress exchange.
- Box springs and foundations do not affect the comfort so they do not qualify for this In-Home Trial and sales are final. Box springs and foundations can be exchanged for height reasons only and will result in a normal re-delivery charge which must be completed within 2 days of original delivery or pick-up. All adjustable bases, pillows, sheets, mattress covers, etc. are not returnable or exchangeable. These sales are final. The retail value of any free, promotional offers (frame, pillows, sheets, etc.) associated with the original mattress purchase will be deducted from the store credit.
- Floor model, clearance, and mattress exchange products are sold “as-is” and do not qualify for the In-Home Trial option. All Lease purchases also do not qualify for In-Home Trial option.
- Special Orders are not subject to cancellation, refunds or exchanges, and the In-Home Trial option does not apply.
Serta iComfort allows for a 120-day In-Home Trial Period without a restocking fee. All iComfort mattress exchanges require an additional Urner’s normal delivery fee, which will be deducted from the store credit.
URNER'S MATTRESS FREE ON-TIME LOCAL DELIVERY
Available Monday-Saturday, to local Bakersfield residents, on your premium mattress purchase of $599 (mattress only) or more. All financing and payments must be completed prior to 2 pm. On-time Delivery is limited to local Bakersfield area residents only, within a 15-mile radius of Urner’s, and limited to delivery capacity and other possible factors that may impact on-time delivery. Please ask your Mattressologist for complete details.Back to top
PREPARING YOUR HOME FOR DELIVERY
Our delivery teams take all circumstances into account during delivery to ensure a safe, easy, and successful delivery, but with just a few, simple steps on your part, your home will be ready for an easy delivery of your new mattress set.
- Clear the delivery path from your front door to your bedroom, removing any obstacles such as furniture, and any valuables or breakables.
- If the delivery path includes narrow hallways or stairs that may present a potential for damage to your home or your new mattress, our delivery crew may ask you to sign a damage waiver in order to proceed with delivery.
- Our state requires that the person receiving and signing the delivery acknowledgment must be at least 18 years of age.
- Urner's Mattress must verify the identity of all C.O.D. customers. We require that all C.O.D. customers be present, with valid I.D. at the time of delivery.
- Due to the limited allocation of space on our delivery trucks, we are unable to remove more mattress sets than are delivered.
- We are unable to remove bed frames, headboards, footboards, futons, or any other furniture; nor can we disassemble waterbeds.
- And, we cannot attach any bed frame to any headboard or footboard that has not been pre-drilled or requires any sort of alteration on our part.
- For health reasons, we are unable to pick up mattresses that are wet, excessively soiled, or bloodstained.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about our policies, products, or service, please contact our customer service department: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to top
Urner’s is, as we have been for over nine decades, committed to giving back to our local community that has supported us. Annually, we support numerous local charities and community partners, including Ronald McDonald House Charities, Boy Scouts, Teen Challenge, St. Jude's Children's Hospital, Boys & Girls Club, Wounded Heroes' Fund, and many others. We know that there are many worthy organizations and causes and we try our best to honor as many requests as possible. However, due simply to the number of requests that we receive daily, we regret that we are unable to honor every request that is made.
In order for us to consider your request, we ask that you follow these simple steps:
- All requests must be submitted in writing.
- Please submit your request through one of the following options:
- e-mail us at: email@example.com
- Send a letter to: PO BOX 41240, Bakersfield CA 93384-1240
- Fax us at: (661) 396-3890, Attention: Dave Urner
- Please include in your request:
- Key information about your organization/event/fundraiser
- Dates/times (when applicable)
- Contact information
- Detailed description on what you are looking for donation (monetary, product specific, etc.)
- All requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to your event/deadline.
- All decisions are made by the Urner’s family. Please keep in mind, the family does not meet every day to make these decisions, so your patience is appreciated.
- We appreciate you thinking of Urner’s to help support your cause. We will notify you once any decisions have been reached.
Urner’s BUSINESSES AND WEBSITES
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND ADVERTISEMENTS
THE TYPES OF DATA WE MAY COLLECT
Customers - from time to time, we may collect personally-identifiable information necessary for registration and billing from customers who purchase our product and services online or at one of our retail locations. This information may include, but not be limited to: first and last names, home address, email address, and other personal information necessary to help us provide you with a better experience and to improve our product offerings and the quality of our services.Back to top
If you choose to subscribe to any of our newsletters, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe by clicking the functional unsubscribe mechanism in each email or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to top
If we are going to use your personally-identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection through this Web site, we will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already collected through our site, we will post a prominent notice on our web site notifying users of the change.Back to top
UPDATING / ACCESSING / AMENDING / CORRECTING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
If your personally-identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days.Back to top
We take reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices, and other security measures, including reasonable data encryption measures and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We also restrict access to personal information to our employees who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or on the behalf of our affiliates. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations to our company and may be subject to discipline, including termination, civil prosecution, and reporting to law enforcement if they fail to meet these obligations. However, although we endeavor to protect the personal information you provide us, we cannot guarantee that information cannot be illegally accessed by unauthorized third parties and we assume no liability of any kind for the unlawful acts of third parties, including employees who deviate from their job requirements and obligations to our company.Back to top
We do not share personal information with other companies or individuals outside of our company and our affiliates unless the use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to: (i) help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. (ii) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; (iii) enforce any of our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iv) detect, prevent, or otherwise address any fraud, security or technical issues, and/or (v) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our Website, our company, our affiliates, our users, and/or the general public as required or permitted by law.Back to top
We will retain and use your information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you services, or for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If Urner’s is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.Back to top
HOW TO REACH US REGARDING THIS POLICY