URNER'S STORE POLICIES
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We absolutely guarantee you'll never pay extra at Urner's while always enjoying better service. In the unlikely event you find a lower price, we will meet the lower price on the exact same item offered by any full-service, local retailer. If, within 30 days of your purchase, you find the same exact merchandise advertised or sold for less (including financing terms, shipping and handling charges) by any local, authorized, full-service retailer or by Urner's, we will cheerfully refund 100% of the difference upon verification. If the price drops anytime before your scheduled delivery, we'll refund 100% of the difference. You may receive the lower price only by notifying Urner's.
Our Low Price Guarantee does not apply to bonus or free-with-purchase offers, sales tax offers, special financing, installation or delivery, rebates and gift cards, special orders, competitor's out-of-stock offers, limited quantity offers, floor sample or damaged product, out-of-box merchandise, going-out-of-business sales, or contractor sales. This policy also does not apply to internet or membership club competitors. If you purchase an item that includes a free gift, and if the price drops on that item, our price-matching policy does not apply.
We endeavor to accurately describe every product offered for sale; however, mistakes can sometimes be made in our advertisements. Any typographical, photographic, or specification error in product description, pricing and promotional offers are subject to change, correction or verification (including after an order has been submitted).
NO LEMON PROMISE
If we service your appliance or electronic product three times during the first year of ownership for legitimate product defects, and it fails a fourth time during the first year, we will verify the failure with an authorized service technician and then replace it with a comparable product. The cost of the replacement will not exceed the original purchase price and may be less due to technological advances.
Special-order items are any product(s) not regularly stocked at Urner's and ordered according to the customer's specifications, preference, or requirements. A minimum 50% deposit is required at the time of purchase and before your merchandise can be ordered. After your special order merchandise is shipped or committed by our wholesale vendor, your merchandise and deposit are non-cancelable. No exceptions please. We request that you accept delivery of your merchandise within 10 days of it becoming available.
If you paid by check or cash, our corporate office will issue a refund by check. We do not make cash refunds. If you paid by debit or credit card, we will issue a credit to that card. Any refund is subject to the terms & conditions of all other Urner's policies.
- Due to the time required for banks to process checks, we can issue a refund check no sooner than 14 days from receipt of a customer's check.
- The original deposit for special-order merchandise is not refundable or transferable.
- In-store merchandise credits do not qualify for refunds. No exceptions allowed.
- Other restrictions may apply, please see store for details.
RETURN & CANCELLATION POLICY
We are committed to your satisfaction. Returning a product can be stressful on customers, so we’re here to help you get it right the first time. Our talented product specialist are available to help you select the right product for your needs and application. We encourage you to take advantage of our expertise before making your purchase.
If a return is necessary, your product specialist can help facilitate the return. Policies and procedures for obtaining a return authorization vary based on the reason for return. See below for more information.
Most of our products include a one-year parts and labor warranty. See your product literature or speak with one of our product specialists for details. If your product is defective upon arrival, notify your product specialist of the problem within 24 hours of receiving goods. If you notice the defect after 24 hours of receiving goods, please contact the product’s manufacturer directly. Contact information for the manufacturer is included in the product literature. NOTE: Most manufacturers require one service call to diagnose the problem.
All of our shipments are 100% insured. Product(s) damaged during shipping are eligible for exchange at no charge to you, but must be identified at time of delivery. Upon delivery, inspect your product for damage. If the product is damaged, you have the right to refuse the delivery and wait for a replacement.
THE PRODUCT DOES NOT MEET YOUR NEEDS
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you will need to contact the store regarding any cancellation or return. Delivered products in use are not returnable. Any returned products must be free of cosmetic damage and be in its original packaging. Products that do not meet these requirements may not be eligible for return or will incur a restocking fee. Any product that has been installed or attempted to be installed cannot be returned. Shipping and handling charges from our warehouse are non-refundable. Customers are responsible for shipping charges incurred when returning a product.
Special order merchandise is subject to a restocking fee — even if not yet delivered — and will not be eligible for return if delivered and out of the box.
The customer agrees to the terms and conditions published above when they place a completed order with our company. In addition, the customer authorizes their credit card company to abide by these terms. We reserve the right to cancel orders at any time.
Refunds will be handled according to our store’s policies.
- Free Gifts – You may return items for which you received a free gift in accordance with our standard return policy. You must also return the free gift in order to receive a full refund. If you are unable to do so, or the item is non-returnable, the value of the free gift will be subtracted from the purchase price of the item you returned. You will be refunded the difference. The value of the free gift will be based on the price it was regularly sold for on the date of your original purchase.
- Special-Order Merchandise – Special-order items are any product(s) not regularly stocked at Urner's and ordered according to the customer's specifications, preference, or requirements. Urner's will assess a minimum 50% restocking fee for customers who cancel special-order items. No exceptions please.
- Cooking & Specialty Appliances – Once opened, installed or used, Urner's will not accept the return of any cooking or specialty built-in appliance (cooktop, oven, range, over-the-range microwave, vent hood, built-in refrigerator, wine cooler, trash compactor, icemaker, espresso machine, indoor or outdoor barbeque grill, etc.).
- Delivery & Pick-up Charges – If your merchandise was delivered and you wish to have Urner's pick up the merchandise from your home or business, you will be charged for:
- The original delivery fee.
- A pickup charge equivalent to the original delivery charge. If you bring back the merchandise to Urner's, you will only be accessed the original delivery fee.
- If you reselect, you will be charged a separate delivery fee on the new order in addition to the above fees.
If you are returning merchandise in new, unused condition due to shipping error or damage, contact us within 7 days of receipt to qualify for a no-charge pickup or exchange. Applies to local area residents only.
- Odor Damage – Items that are damaged due to non-visible odors, such as, but not limited to, smoke, urine, and chemicals will not qualify for return credit or exchange.
- Miscellaneous – Labor fees such as equipment setup, furniture assembly, appliance and electronics installation and other miscellaneous fees are not refundable. Other items which are not refundable include special shipping and handling charges, installation parts, cut yardage, pillows, adjustable bed bases & foundations, mattress accessories (pads, sheets, and pillow cases), and paid parts orders.
- Fabric, Mattress & Leather Care Protection Plans – Once Fabric, Mattress & Leather Care Protection has been applied to your merchandise, the charges for this protection are not refundable.
- Bundle Purchases – You may return bundle purchases in accordance with our standard return policy. If you are unsatisfied with an individual item you purchased as part of a bundle package, you may return that item separately. In some cases, a bundle discount has been applied to each item. You will be refunded the discount price, which may differ from the price if you had purchased it individually.
- All products used in commercial business or for commercial purposes are not returnable and subject to manufacturer's terms and conditions. The manufacturer's warranty coverage period for parts and labor is usually reduced or void when a product is used commercially (see printed manufacturer's warranty for details).
- Clearance Merchandise – Because of the nature of these items, all sales are considered final. Urner's does not service or repair Clearance Merchandise. Therefore, the normal Urner's Return Policy does not apply to these items.
- Floor Models
- Merchandise that is discontinued, incorrectly ordered, or previously owned, as shown on the floor.
- Merchandise with some irregularity or cosmetic defect in wood, fabric, or other material that occurred while on the floor, during shipping, while in the warehouse, or during the manufacturing process.
All sales of Clearance Merchandise are final; no returns, refunds, or exchanges accepted. Urner's does not accept phone orders on Clearance Merchandise.
Clearance Merchandise must be paid in full and picked up or delivered within 3 days of the time of purchase. Orders not completed within the 3-day time frame are subject to cancellation and the merchandise will be returned to the floor without notice.
WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY
Urner's has developed a home delivery system that is both efficient and professional. Plus, there's no waiting all day for your new purchase to arrive when Urner's is delivering. On the morning of your delivery, we'll give you a four-hour window in which we'll be at your home. Then we'll call you, "wherever you are," about 50 minutes ahead of time to let you know we're on our way.
Other than what you pick up at our warehouse, your purchase will be delivered to you by either our professionals in Urner's trucks or by other contracted delivery services.
Our White Glove Delivery includes:
- On-Time Delivery – We offer on-time delivery on your purchase of $500 or more. This service is available Monday - Saturday (not available Sundays or Holidays), when all financing and payments have been completed prior to 2pm. On-time Delivery is limited to local Bakersfield area residents only within a 15-mile radius of Urner's Wible Road Delivery Center, and limited to delivery capacity, assembly requirements, fabric protection application, and other possible factors that may impact on-time delivery. Custom installation and delivery of Pro-Style appliances not included.
- Urner's Express Delivery – We also offer our professional Express Delivery 6 days a week, on any purchase, to all areas that Urner's serves. Sunday delivery is not available at this time.
- Out-Of-Town Deliveries – All out-of-town deliveries will be scheduled in accordance with Urner's normal preset routes and rates. If you request a delivery beyond our normal delivery range, we will gladly arrange your delivery through a Common Carrier or outside delivery service, which may be subject to extra charges.
- 50 Minute Call Ahead – Our Professional Delivery Team will call you approximately 50-minutes before we arrive at your home. Some restrictions apply due to mobile phone service limitations.
- Furniture Deluxing – We want furniture to come to your home in the condition we would want it to come to ours. As you may imagine, after shipping and handling from our manufacturers, not all merchandise is customer-ready when taken out of the box or packing. Before any furniture is delivered, our Quality Control Team will fully unpack, inspect, smooth rough finishes, check mechanisms on recliners, remove loose threads on upholstery, and clean it.
- Set-Up – We'll unpack, set-up and provide basic connection (new hook-up parts may be required for proper installation)
- Installation – Various options are available for installation, depending on the complexity of the item you've purchased. Many items that require a simple placement or plug-in are handled by our delivery drivers. But more complicated installations require the planning and perhaps hiring of Urner's professionals or your own contractor to do the work.
- Instruction – We provide basic operational instructions.
- Removal – We remove all boxes and packing materials.
- Disposal – We include haul-away and disposal of your old Appliance, TV or Mattress (one-for-one basis).
Make sure you talk over your delivery, installation, and special instructions with your salesperson to avoid unnecessary delivery problems. Special delivery instructions may include pet warnings, gate combination, stairs, door reversal or removal, etc. To be prepared for the delivery of your new product, we request that you do the following:
- Ensure that someone 18 years of age or older is home.
- Remove any obstacles that might hinder our delivery crew.
- If a delivery requires the removal of a window or a fork lift, you will need to make arrangements and pay for it on your own.
- Deliveries made above the first floor without access to an elevator may be subject to additional charges.
Any special delivery terms and conditions requested by customer, or required for proper installation, will be subject to review to determine feasibility and appropriate additional charges. Urner's may decline installation or delivery of product and services based on feasibility, dangerous conditions, non-disclosure, and Act-of-God.
Scheduling Conflicts If you plan to be away from your house on the delivery date or a scheduling conflict arises, please call Urner's Delivery Department at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled delivery.
Our Delivery phone number is (661) 396-8400 Ext. 507. Delivery business hours are:
Monday - Friday 7:30am – 6:30pm, Saturday 8:00am – 5:30pm
This is an information-only web site. We do not collect, retrieve or store any information from this site.
URNER'S MATTRESS POLICIES
Urner's Mattress 100-DAY LOW PRICE GUARANTEE
No one can give you better comfort or better sleep at a lower price. In fact, if you find the exact same item that you purchased at Urner's Mattress, advertised locally for less within 100 days of purchase, by any local, authorized dealer, or by Urner's Mattress, we will gladly refund all of the difference upon verification.
Our low-price mattress guarantee applies to any locally-advertised price on the same exact in-stock mattress at any local Bakersfield retailer. This guarantee does not apply to special orders purchases, membership clubs, promotional free gifts-with-purchase offers, special financing, rebates, or to one-of-a-kind, as-is, discontinued, or limited-quantity merchandise. Please ask your Sleep Consultant for complete details. You must notify Urner's Mattress to receive your refund.
Please ask your Sleep Consultant for complete details.
URNER'S MATTRESS 100-DAY IN-HOME TRIAL
The Sleep Consultants at Urner's Mattress are specially trained to help you select the mattress that is just right for you. Once you have your new mattress at home, our In-Home Trial allows you 100 days, beginning on the date you received your mattress, to decide if your mattress is perfect for you. We require that you spend a minimum of 30 nights on the new mattress since your body had become accustomed to the lumps and sags of your old mattress. After that time, if you still feel that your new mattress is uncomfortable, Urner's will gladly allow you to exchange your mattress for one of equal or greater value subject to the following terms:
- The mattress can then be exchanged only once within 31-100 days from date of original delivery. The exchange must be done by an Urner's delivery truck crew to avoid product damage and provide valid inspection prior to exchange. Please be aware that all mattress purchases are non-refundable.
- This In-Home Trial is valid on any new mattress purchase of $699 (mattress only) or more, provided that the mattress is returned in the original purchased condition; therefore, customer must purchase a qualified mattress protector along with any qualified mattress purchase. Due to Manufacturer Warranty terms and State and Federal laws designed to protect public health, we cannot return or exchange any mattress that has been stained, damaged, or abused in any way.
- Customer will receive an Urner's store credit for the purchase price of the original mattress, less a 15% (fifteen percent) restocking charge toward the purchase of a reselected mattress. No local re-delivery delivery charges will apply. Out-of-town delivery fees required.
- The mattress reselected must be within 10% of, or greater than, the original mattress purchase price. Customer is required to pay the difference when price is greater.
- Box springs and foundations do not affect the comfort so they do not qualify for this In-Home Trial and sales are final. Box springs and foundations can be exchanged for height reasons only and will result in a normal re-delivery charge which must be completed within 2 days of original delivery. All electric adjustable bases, pillows, sheets, mattress covers, etc. are not returnable or exchangeable. These sales are final. The retail value of any free, promotional offers (frame, pillows, sheets, delivery, disposal fees, etc.) may also be subtracted from the store credit associated with the original mattress purchase.
- Floor model, clearance, and mattress exchange products are sold "as-is" and do not qualify for the In-Home Trial option. Expert Lease purchases also do not qualify for In-Home Trial option.
- Special Orders are not subject to cancellation, refunds or exchanges, and the In-Home Trial option also does not apply.
Tempur-Pedic mattress exchanges require a $300 shipping & handling charge, plus Urner's normal delivery charge which shall be deducted from the store credit. The remaining store credit must be applied toward a reselected mattress.
Serta iComfort shall be allowed a 120-day In-Home Trial period without a restocking fee. All iComfort mattress exchanges require an additional Urner's normal delivery fee, which will be deducted from the store credit.
URNER'S MATTRESS FREE ON-TIME LOCAL DELIVERY
Available Monday-Saturday, to local Bakersfield residents, on your premium mattress purchase of $599 (mattress only) or more. All financing and payments must be completed prior to 2pm. On-time Delivery is limited to local Bakersfield area residents only, within a 15-mile radius of Urner's, and limited to delivery capacity and other possible factors that may impact on-time delivery. Please ask your Mattressologist for complete details.
PREPARING YOUR HOME FOR DELIVERY
Our delivery teams take all circumstances into account during delivery to ensure a safe, easy, and successful delivery, but with just a few, simple steps on your part, your home will be ready for an easy delivery of your new mattress set.
- Clear the delivery path from your front door to your bedroom, removing any obstacles such as furniture, and any valuables or breakables.
- If the delivery path includes narrow hallways or stairs that may present a potential for damage to your home or your new mattress, our delivery crew may ask you to sign a damage waiver in order to proceed with delivery.
- Our state requires that the person receiving and signing the delivery acknowledgment must be at least 18 years of age.
- Urner’s Mattress must verify the identity of all C.O.D. customers. We require that all C.O.D. customers be present, with valid I.D. at the time of delivery.
- Due to the limited allocation of space on our delivery trucks, we are unable to remove more mattress sets than are delivered.
- We are unable to remove bedframes, headboards, footboards, futons, or any other furniture; nor can we disassemble waterbeds.
- And, we cannot attach any bedframe to any headboard or footboard that has not been pre-drilled or requires any sort of alteration on our part.
- For health reasons, we are unable to pick up mattresses that are wet, excessively soiled, or bloodstained.